Monday, August 23, 2010

School is Back . . .

. . . and boy is it crowded. My university has a record number of students this semester and they were all on the road today. I took a road near the school for an errand. That was a mistake! I'm no longer taking classes, so I had forgotten that class had just ended, and people were leaving. Way too many people on the road!

Have you noticed how hard it is to park near universities too? And if you do park, it's not cheap. I think the basic student cost at my school is $75. That entitles you to the privilege of finding a non-existent parking spot in a lot half a mile from campus. If you want to park in one of the parking garages on campus, that's $250 for the Fall semester. The school has a new health plan, so my health insurance for Fall was about $280. Hmmm. There's something wrong with that picture.

No comments: